Friday, January 18, 2008

John Gruber: Out In Left Field!

Curse John Gruber of Daring Fireball for writing the occasional engaging piece on his blog ... because more and more I don't even want to read anything there. If it weren't for his (sometimes) being slightly ahead of the curve on editorial comment within the Mac Community; I would just avoid his articles completely.

I'm no George Bush fan ... and I'm not Anti-Democrat ... but this borders on stupidity:

From Daring Fireball:

Randy Newman’s keynote-capping scathing anti-Bush administration song was quite a thing. I loved it, and it seemed like everyone around me in the press section was enjoying it thoroughly. But, quite obviously, for humorless Bush supporters, it must have been infuriating. The song is chock full of “I can’t believe he just said that” lines.

It’s certainly hard to imagine any other major corporation in the U.S. that would invite Randy Newman on stage to perform a song like that.


This song was neither Anti Bush, nor scathing of Bush.

I'm not a humorless Bush Supporter and I'm not a humorless Conservative ... but it's quite obvious by Gruber's constant "Jackass articles" and political jabs that he lacks any humor when it comes to dealing with politics himself.

I can't point to anyone else in the Mac Community or other news outlet that I have even a dash of respect for that curses, alienates, and complains yet also promotes his family life and son on a regular basis on his or her blog.

This (and references like it) appear regularly on Gruber's Blog:

Tuesday January 15 2008:

No comments: